I’m still cooking my way through Karina Inkster’s “Vegan Vitality – Your Complete Guide to an Active, Healthy, Plant-Based Lifestyle”. This recipe was quick and easy with just 3 simple directions- just the way I like all my recipes :). The dipping sauce is great but if it’s not your taste, feel free to use another sauce. You know tofu is a blank slate, so you can jazz it up with whatever flavors you like.
Give it a try and let me see your creations on social media by using the hashtag #veggiecurls
Crispy Baked Tofu with Sesame Orange Dipping Sauce
• 1 package of extra firm tofu, cut into 3/4 cubes
• Juice of 1 orange
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon agave nectar
• 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
• 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
• 3 cloves garlic
• 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place tofu on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 25 minutes, flipping cubes halfway through, until evenly browned and slightly crispy on the outside.
To make the dipping sauce, place all remaining ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Adapted From Vegan Vitality by Karina Inkster. Copyright © 2014 by Karina Inkster.