This is the best snack EVER! If you haven’t tried the combination of apples, peanut butter, and chocolate, you don’t know what you’re missing. I started eating this snack a few years ago when my church did a Daniel Fast. I saw this recipe on a list of options for the fast, decided to try it, and I haven’t turned back since.
You can find many variations of this dish all over the internet, so don’t be a afraid of making it your own. Non-vegans can try this with other toppings like caramel, marshmallows, candy bars, and more. Vegans can add cinnamon, nut based cheese or coconut strips. Feel free to get creative.
If you make these apple nachos, take a pic and tag me on instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #VeggieCurls so I can find them! I’d love to see your creations.
- 1 apple of your choice
- ¼ cup of nut butter, melted (I used soy nut butter)
- Handful of chocolate chips, for sprinkling* ( I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet chocolate mini chips)
- Arrange apple slices on a plate.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter over apple slices with a spoon (You can do the same with melted chocolate)
- Sprinkle handful of chocolate chips over the plate as topping.
- Serve immediately. ( you can also warm these in the oven for 5-7 minutes for an apple pie taste)