This is the best snack EVER! If you haven’t tried the combination of apples, peanut butter, and chocolate, you don’t know what you’re missing. I started eating this snack a few years ago when my church did a Daniel Fast. I saw this recipe on a list of options for the fast, decided to try it, and I haven’t turned back since.
You can find many variations of this dish all over the internet, so don’t be a afraid of making it your own. Non-vegans can try this with other toppings like caramel, marshmallows, candy bars, and more. Vegans can add cinnamon, nut based cheese or coconut strips. Feel free to get creative.
- 1 apple of your choice
- ¼ cup of nut butter, melted (I used soy nut butter)
- Handful of chocolate chips, for sprinkling* ( I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet chocolate mini chips)
- Arrange apple slices on a plate.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter over apple slices with a spoon (You can do the same with melted chocolate)
- Sprinkle handful of chocolate chips over the plate as topping.
- Serve immediately. ( you can also warm these in the oven for 5-7 minutes for an apple pie taste)